The Small One – A Christmas Story (Bing Crosby) - Happy Christmas all! To celebrate this year’s Christmas festivities I would like to present a narration by Bing Crosby of a moving Christmas story called The Small One. I loved listening to this as a child around Christmas time. It…
Phar Lap (1983) – Simon Wincer (Friday’s finest) - Sub Editor: We have two versions ready to go. If he wins, “Australian wonder horse beats the world.” News writer: And if he loses? Sub Editor: “New Zealand horse fails in Mexico.” (Referring to Phar Lap’s last race in…
‘Walk Star Shares His Successes’ – Hawkesbury Gazette - I mentioned in the recent post Wet Ghost that I received a lot of memorabilia from Australia. One such item was a newspaper clipping from my youth when I won and broke the record at the Australian National All-Schools Athletic…
12/11 – 18/11 incl. Meaning of life, Saints, Influencers and Virgins - Welcome to Monday’s News on the March – The week that was in my digital world. A Likelihood of Saints Poem by River Dixon at The Stories In Between: There it is again At the corner Of my eye Dangling,…
Camino Real (Royal Road) – The road between Barichara and Guane - For this Wednesdays’ literature quote we are going to take a different route again. Years ago I wrote an article for a travel web site which described 5 relatively obscure places to visit in Colombia. My introduction was as follows:…
Full Index – ‘Reflections’ posts
- The Small One – A Christmas Story (Bing Crosby)
- Phar Lap (1983) – Simon Wincer (Friday’s finest)
- ‘Walk Star Shares His Successes’ – Hawkesbury Gazette
- 12/11 – 18/11 incl. Meaning of life, Saints, Influencers and Virgins
- Camino Real (Royal Road) – The road between Barichara and Guane
- Afterglow (2006) – INXS
- Near death and contemplation of God from Robinson Crusoe – Daniel Defoe
- Glad Wrap and other ‘Broken Shoelace’ events
- Blue Skies Have Returned to Bogotá – 27th of June 2019
- The Happy Prince – Oscar Wilde (adapted and directed by Orson Welles)
- 11.00 am ANZAC day 2003
- Tarot Suite – Mike Batt and Friends (1979)
- The Puss’ Bus is for Us
- ‘Watching (yourself) like you are a snake’
- Murky Waters
- The Tattoo
- My Family Cartoon
- Chomsky on Žižek and Peterson’s ‘Logos’ and ‘I act as if God exists’.
- The Political Compass Test. Where do you sit on the Political Spectrum?
- Roma – A Latino Cinematic Masterpiece (2018)
- Do you believe in Santa Claus?
- What happened to the political left and why I bailed out?
- Ezra Klein, a rational or irrational lefty?
- What is True? The most provocative yet necessary philosophical debate of our time?
- Reflections on The World’s Toughest Man – David Goggins
- Overlooking the Observer – What Buddhism seeks to address
- Is the Intellectual Dark Web starting to eat its own?
- Colombian Police are just doing their Job
- The Screen
- Becoming rich and successful
- The Magazine
- The Pamphlets
- The Wonder Years and ‘Catch The Wind’
- The Telegram
- The 20c Lolly Packet
- Trax boy and now ain’t dat a man!
- North Brother Mountain
- My Wooden Cutting Board
- The story didn’t die
- Lost Tribe
- Few people know what it’s like
- The Appointment
- A brutal four minutes for religion
- A Christian man once said
- 20 Seconds of Insane Courage
- Gold Nugget
- Transformational Leadership at its most potent – Gandhi
- Sam Harris – Chistrianity, God, Hell and The Bible
- I got some pussy today, regrettably as it turns out.