13/8 – 19/8 Imagination, sharks, baseball, evolution, cats and reality. - It would appear that Monday’s News on the March may not be a suitable title of the content of this post. Perhaps ‘The week that was in my digital world’ is more akin to what I’m trying to do here. …
Neil Armstrong narrating his Apollo 11 moon landing using Google moon - This post is the final in a 3-part series to commemorate the 50th anniversary Apollo 11’s landing on the moon. I found this sensational clip while watching the following interview with Neil Armstrong. Neil of course is as almost well…
Low on fuel and off course. Relive Apollo 11’s touchdown. - As we quickly approach the 50th year anniversary of Apollo 11’s remarkable feat of touching down on the surface of the moon (July 20, 1969, at 20:17 UTC), I wanted to relay this stunning recreation of the event by the…
In commemoration of the 50th anniversary of humankind landing on the moon - That’s one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind. -Neil Armstrong Note that I didn’t write: “That’s one small step for man”. After returning from space, Armstrong said there was a lost word in his famous one-liner…
The Higgs Boson and the Fundamental Nature of Reality – Sean Carroll - I am an avid viewer of science lectures especially those relating to cosmology, the origins of the universe and quantum mechanics. I found the above lecture by Sean Carroll engrossing and challenging; so much so, I felt compelled to write…
Full Index – ‘Science’ posts
- 13/8 – 19/8 Imagination, sharks, baseball, evolution, cats and reality.
- Neil Armstrong narrating his Apollo 11 moon landing using Google moon
- Low on fuel and off course. Relive Apollo 11’s touchdown.
- In commemoration of the 50th anniversary of humankind landing on the moon
- The Higgs Boson and the Fundamental Nature of Reality – Sean Carroll
- Is this Joe’s most illuminating ‘Science’ podcast yet? Ladies and Gentlemen, Professor Brian Fox
- Today’s click-bait BBC article promoting a ‘High-Fibre’ Diet doesn’t stack up
- Consciousness and Quantum Mechanics – Is it too early to rule out the Copenhagen classic interpretation?
- Reflections on ‘The Many-Worlds’ Theory by Sean Carroll
- From Cells to Cities Part 3 – Cities and Growth (Geoffrey West)
- From Cells to Cities Part 2 – Life Span (Geoffrey West)
- From Cells to Cities Part 1 – Biological Scaling (Geoffrey West)
- What is True? The most provocative yet necessary philosophical debate of our time?
- How to read your blood test results. And reading Cholesterol is not what you think.
- Readdressing the Dietary Guidelines which have made us fat and unhealthy.
- Longevity expert Peter Attia is my new hero! Nutrition and health.
- Overlooking the Observer – What Buddhism seeks to address
- Be prepared to lose all your concept of ‘Time’.
- Is the Intellectual Dark Web starting to eat its own?
- Two Astronomers discuss Alien Lifeforms, Science Fiction Movies and Astrophysics
- I think Neil deGrasse Tyson just invented Intellectual Porn
- Conservation International (CI) – Nature is Speaking
- Another Earth (2011) What is it about?