A little known Australian movie called ‘Candy’ and Tim Buckley’s ‘Song to the Siren’ - Heath Ledger was at the peak of his acting prowess when he sadly departed from this great play we all take part called ‘Life’. He was posthumously awarded the Oscar for best supporting actor in his role as the Joker…
Mandy – An art-house supernatural horror trip - Mandy was certainly a trip to the bottom of the pit. If ever there was a movie which will assuredly become a cult classic, it’s Mandy. Also, if there is such a genre as art-house supernatural horror, then Mandy would…
Crikey! ‘That’s a tough mother bleepin’ wooden door’ - A fellow Aussie’s commentary on the greatest police ‘fail’ ever. Related Articles: 1. Comedy and the Ages. Lenny Bruce, Charles Bukowski and Hunter S Thompson 2. Gillette is on point 3. Movies and TV menu
Could watching the Phantom Thread become a *new* New Year’s tradition? - What movies do you enjoy watching at New Year? The Phantom Thread is so damn good. It gets better on repeated viewings. I always felt that Paul Thomas Anderson‘s There will be Blood was a homage of sorts to Orson…
Full Index of Movies and TV
- A little known Australian movie called ‘Candy’ and Tim Buckley’s ‘Song to the Siren’
- Mandy – An art-house supernatural horror trip
- Crikey! ‘That’s a tough mother bleepin’ wooden door’
- Could watching the Phantom Thread become a *new* New Year’s tradition?
- Roma – A Latino Cinematic Masterpiece (2018)
- Moneyball and Wallstreet
- Keep On Sleeping With Ham Sarris #1 – Against Empathy (With Plaul Boom)
- I think Neil deGrasse Tyson just invented Intellectual Porn
- The greatest cover up in history – The unheralded Robert Zimmerman
- Did the RIO Olympics Deliver?
- Hail, Caesar! – A playful but unrealised Coen Brothers romp
- Bridge of Spies 2015
- Heaven Knows What (2015)
- The Wonder Years and ‘Catch The Wind’
- Bob Dylan on one of David Letterman last shows
- 20 Seconds of Insane Courage
- Another Earth (2011) What is it about?
- Love is Strange – A Movie You Shouldn’t Miss
- The greatest Larry David interview anyone could hope for
- Transformational Leadership at its most potent – Gandhi
- “It’s like a big ship… and the water’s on fire.” Tom Waits on David Letterman
- Hannah and Her Sisters (1986) – Woody Allen
- Blue is the Warmest Colour
- ‘Being There’ – A fairly solid depressing tale but not an overly satisfying one.
- Manhattan – A stupendous movie about dating and relationships
- Working as an ‘Extra’ in Colombia for a Major Fox Production
- Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
- Sigur Rós – Njósnavélin
- ‘Nebraska’ and ‘Paris, Texas ‘
- Smiles of a Summer Night (1955) Ingmar Bergman
- Who Killed JFK?
- The Lego Movie. Be Wary of the Hype.
- The best film no one will talk about this awards season – Inside Llewyn Davis
- Chrysler and Bob Dylan Super Bowl Commercial 2014
- The Superbowl. And there is talk of Bob Dylan in the Air and it’s not all good, y’all!
- Interesting Reactions to the ‘The Oscars has lost all respectability’ post
- ‘The Oscars’ has lost all ounce of respectability as a serious award contest.
- Jerry Seinfeld – All Awards are Stupid
- Comedy and the Ages. Lenny Bruce, Charles Bukowski and Hunter S Thompson
- Winter Light (1963) Ingmar Bergman
- ‘Love and Theft’ – American Hustle (2013) A movie review
- Wild Strawberries – Ingmar Bergman and the ‘Breaking Down Bergman’ series.
- Barton Fink (Coen Brothers) – A Screenplay Masterpiece
- Inside Llewyn Davis Soundtrack – Fare Thee Well