The Master (2012) – Paul Thomas Anderson - Lancaster Dodd: I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you. While Paul Thomas Anderson’s film catalogue may not be expansive his…
Lost Horizon (1937) – Frank Capra - Along with Woody Allen’s Sleeper, Lost Horizon is another movie recommended to me by fellow blogger Badfinger20. It is a Frank Capra film based on the 1933 novel of the same name by James Hilton. IMDB storyline: British diplomat Robert…
Sleeper (1973) – Woody Allen - Sleeper is a scantly known Woody Allen movie recommended to me by fellow blogger badfinger20. I was enthralled by it and frankly it remains a mystery how it isn’t more widely known. I cannot remember the last time I laughed…
Reflections on the ‘Who Killed JFK’ article - I wrote an article here in 2014 about the documentary – The Kennedy Assassination – Beyond Conspiracy. I wrote excerpts from the documentary in an attempt to expose the hypocrisy and misleading farse that which is the famous JFK movie directed…
A little known Australian movie called ‘Candy’ and Tim Buckley’s ‘Song to the Siren’ - Heath Ledger was at the peak of his acting prowess when he sadly departed from this great play we all take part called ‘Life’. He was posthumously awarded the Oscar for best supporting actor in his role as the Joker…
Full Index of Movies and TV
- The Master (2012) – Paul Thomas Anderson
- Lost Horizon (1937) – Frank Capra
- Sleeper (1973) – Woody Allen
- Reflections on the ‘Who Killed JFK’ article
- A little known Australian movie called ‘Candy’ and Tim Buckley’s ‘Song to the Siren’
- Mandy – An art-house supernatural horror trip
- Crikey! ‘That’s a tough mother bleepin’ wooden door’
- Could watching the Phantom Thread become a *new* New Year’s tradition?
- Roma – A Latino Cinematic Masterpiece (2018)
- Moneyball and Wallstreet
- Keep On Sleeping With Ham Sarris #1 – Against Empathy (With Plaul Boom)
- I think Neil deGrasse Tyson just invented Intellectual Porn
- The greatest cover up in history – The unheralded Robert Zimmerman
- Did the RIO Olympics Deliver?
- Hail, Caesar! – A playful but unrealised Coen Brothers romp
- Bridge of Spies 2015
- Heaven Knows What (2015)
- The Wonder Years and ‘Catch The Wind’
- 20 Seconds of Insane Courage
- Another Earth (2011) What is it about?
- Love is Strange – A Movie You Shouldn’t Miss
- The greatest Larry David interview anyone could hope for
- Transformational Leadership at its most potent – Gandhi
- “It’s like a big ship… and the water’s on fire.” Tom Waits on David Letterman
- Hannah and Her Sisters (1986) – Woody Allen
- Blue is the Warmest Colour
- ‘Being There’ – A fairly solid depressing tale but not an overly satisfying one.
- Manhattan – A stupendous movie about dating and relationships
- Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
- Sigur Rós – Njósnavélin (The Nothing Song) and Cameron Crowe
- Smiles of a Summer Night (1955) Ingmar Bergman
- Who Killed JFK? The Kennedy Assassination – Beyond Conspiracy
- The Lego Movie. Be Wary of the Hype.
- Inside Llewyn Davis – The Coen Brothers
- Chrysler and Bob Dylan Super Bowl Commercial 2014
- Interesting Reactions to the ‘The Oscars has lost all respectability’ post
- ‘The Oscars’ has lost all ounce of respectability as a serious award contest.
- Jerry Seinfeld – All Awards are Stupid
- Comedy and the Ages. Lenny Bruce, Charles Bukowski and Hunter S Thompson
- Winter Light (1963) – Ingmar Bergman
- ‘Love and Theft’ – American Hustle (2013)
- Ingmar Bergman and Wild Strawberries
- Barton Fink (Coen Brothers) – A Screenplay Masterpiece