People in their 20’s make it or break it. Here are my personal dos and donts:
- Buy the cheapest car that goes, only if you absolutely require a car.
- Don’t ever own/use credit cards.
- Don’t pay rent unless you want to make another person rich and waste your money.
- Don’t have a wild nightlife and don’t chase the other sex and dine them.
- Wear condoms unless you are willing to shell out about $250,000US on an accident.
- Don’t marry anyone or live with anyone unless it’s absolutely necessary. See car.
- Own a business or venture where people give YOU money and/or invest in something secure where your money works for you.
With regards to being successful, look at Donald Trump. He’s of course a human turd, but a very confident one. Confidence exudes success and society responds very favourably to people who are confident despite how shallow or dangerous there opinions may be. Superficiality has been the flavour of society; well since society began.
1. How the corporate world talks to itself and scattered thoughts on the Gillette ad
2. Moneyball and Wallstreet
3. Longevity expert Peter Attia is my new hero! Nutrition and health.